After 30 years of Southern Living, this Georgia peach has headed West. Colorado is now our new home and we plan to discover everything this beautful state has to offer. With an abundance of “Open Space,” there are endless opportunities for hiking, biking, and just enjoying the great outdoors.
What I have learned so far from one week of living in Colorado:
- Colorado’s nickname is the Centennial State.
- Arvada, Colorado is the celery capital of the world.
- Mayfield milk is not sold here. 😦
- Everyone has a dog! (Furry B will be making lots of friends!)
- There are over 10,000 miles of hiking trails.
- I have moved to Colorado during the 8th rainiest month on record.
- Bananas ripen slower.
- A 20 mile drive can start at 65 degrees with sunny skies and end with one feet of snow on the ground.
- There are 53 mountains standing at over 14,000 feet high. Here is a list of all 53.
- The world’s first rodeo was held on July 4, 1869 in Deer Trail, Colorado.
Please follow JKB as we explore Colorado one adventure at a time….